Westchester’s art and design team understands that images and layout do more than just dress up a page. Properly designed pages enhance a student’s reading comprehension, and accurate and engaging imagery helps students grasp difficult concepts more easily.
Drawing upon a robust network of designers, illustrators, photo researchers, and art managers, Westchester’s art and design team is conversant in the needs of K-12 publishing.
Our creative team excels at providing the following services:
- Prototype Development—Envisioning new approaches that meet the needs of your content and your target audience
- Cover, Interior, and Feature Design—Extending your look-and-feel to the various elements of their program
- Creative Paging—Elevating layout for complex pages, our designers tweak first pours to give them a custom feel
- Design Review—Ensuring that page pours conform to design specs throughout the program
- Photo research—Identifying photo possibilities that convey the requirements of the program and creating a consistent visual approach throughout your product line
- Custom illustration—Delving into our rich pool of illustrators to create visuals that match your voice and vision
- Photo and Art Database Management—Tracking selected photos and illustrations from approval through printing, all the while ensuring compliance to rights management requirements and your budget
Our art and design team is adept at designing creative, attention-grabbing layouts, and skilled in scaling an existing look-and-feel to older or younger audiences. The team works seamlessly with our content development and production teams, in a collaborative approach that enables our clients’ visuals to complement the text and the text to augment the visuals.