Our content development team crafts creative, engaging content for a broad base of supplemental and basal publishers, working under the direction of Marie Brown. The team works in all of the major content areas, with concentrated Literacy/Reading and Social Studies expertise in grades PreK-8, and Math and Science expertise in grades PreK-3. Our team also specializes in ELL/ELD development across the content spectrum.
An experienced and trusted name in K-12 publishing, as Editorial Project Director, Marie draws upon a proven team of writers and editors to produce instructional materials as wide-ranging as readers, student editions, teacher editions, workbooks, online programs, test prep, high-stakes assessment, games, video scripts, and interactive content.
The content development team provides the following representative services:
- Content writing—Constructing creative, from-scratch content designed around scope and sequences or state standard needs
- Content repurposing—Producing programs that augment the best of your existing material with engaging new writing
- Manuscript editing—Massaging raw content to ensure that it fits your guidelines and end goals
- State customizations—Transforming existing editions into material for new markets
- Copyediting—Dotting every “i” and crossing every “t” to ensure the highest caliber content
- Cold Reads—Providing a fresh set of eyes to review the whole package, adding an extra layer of quality assurance
- Fact-checking—Applying a rigorous set of rules to ensure that all of your materials are factually accurate
- Correlations and alignments—Confirming that your content meets the requirements of your target states
- Section 508 compliance—Enabling all audiences to access your content
- Translation—Delivering content across language barriers
We have the capability to execute editorial services as stand-alone projects or as part of a full-service approach leveraging Westchester’s other areas of expertise. Contact us today to learn how we can help you with your content development requirements.