Westchester K-12’s art and design team understands that finished pages require more than images and layout to dress up the text. Properly designed pages enhance a student’s reading comprehension, and accurate and engaging imagery helps students grasp difficult concepts more easily.
Mark DaGrossa, our Creative Director, leads a team of staff resources and a robust network of designers, illustrators, and photo researchers to create the perfect look and feel for our clients’ projects.
Westchester K-12’s art and design team is conversant in the needs of K-12 publishing and excels at providing the following services:
- Prototype Development—Envisioning new approaches that meet the needs of your content and your target audience
- Cover, Interior, and Feature Design—Extending your look-and-feel to the various elements of the program
- Creative Paging—Elevating layout for complex pages by tweaking first pours to give them a custom feel
- Design Review—Ensuring that page pours conform to design specs throughout the program
- Photo research—Identifying photo possibilities that convey the requirements of the program and creating a consistent visual approach throughout your product line
- Custom illustration—Drawing upon a rich pool of illustrators to create captivating visuals that match your voice and vision
- Photo and Art Database Management—Tracking selected photos and illustrations from approval through printing, all the while ensuring compliance to rights management requirements and your budget
Our art and design team is adept at designing creative, attention-grabbing layouts and skilled in scaling an existing look-and-feel to older or younger audiences. The team works seamlessly with our content development and production teams, using a collaborative approach that enables our clients’ visuals to complement the text and the text to augment the visuals.
To see some of our work, please visit our portfolio page.