Westchester K-12 Publishing Services is looking for Quality Control team members for our Production team. QC team members should have demonstrated publishing experience (experience working in the school market preferred but not required). Work is assigned by project. Complete the Shortlist application, fill in your relevant skills, and we will look for a project that fits your skill set.
Freelance Writers and Editors
Westchester K-12 Publishing Services is looking for writers and editors with experience in the school market for our Editorial team. Writers and editors should have experience in the classroom, as well as demonstrated experience creating content for the school market. Work is assigned by project. Complete the Shortlist application, fill in your relevant skills, and we will look for a project that fits your skill set.
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
ELL/World Languages Content Director
We’re looking for an ELL/World Languages Content Director to join our content development team. This growth-oriented position extends the capabilities of Westchester’s successful editorial group. If you are the rare find in the editorial world who is equally at home creating engaging content and ensuring multiple editorial projects run smoothly, we want to meet you.
The ELL/World Languages Content Director will work with external clients and internal resources to create products for the K-12 ELL, ELT, and World Languages markets that meet internal and external guidelines and requirements.
The role reports to our Dayton, Ohio office. Working remotely is an option for this position.
- Communicating effectively with clients;
- Understanding client needs and translating those needs into project plans;
- Creating editorial project budgets based on those project plans;
- Staffing project teams and managing those teams through project execution;
- Completing projects on time and on budget;
- Developing a robust network of resources;
- Elevating WPS’s efforts in providing forward-thinking insights and intelligence around the issues driving the industry
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-8 years editorial experience in World Languages and ELL/ELT development;
- Be well-versed in ELL and World Languages content development best practices;
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage projects to budget, quality, and schedule expectations;
- Have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other departments, including design, art, production, and project management;
- Have a growth-oriented mindset that will allow the successful candidate to develop into new roles as the organization evolves.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: WPS_applicants@westchesterk12pubsvcs.com. Please include “ELL/World Languages Content Director” in the subject line of your email.
Westchester K-12 Publishing Services is a part of Westchester Publishing Services, an employee-owned, U.S.-based organization that extends the capacity of publisher clients in the education, academic, trade, and journal spaces. To learn more about Westchester Publishing Services, visit our website.