Our content development team helps publishers of basal and supplemental instructional material conceptualize and craft creative, engaging content for readers, student editions, teacher editions, workbooks, online programs, test prep, high-stakes assessment, games, video scripts, and interactive content.
Veteran resources lead our development teams. Marie Brown and Anne Riccio oversee our Literacy and Social Studies editorial teams, while David Bailis leads the Math and Science teams. Our leads work with staff and freelance writers and editors to deliver to customer expectations.
The content development team provides the following services:
- Content writing—Constructing creative, from-scratch content designed around scope and sequences or state standard needs
- Content repurposing—Producing programs that augment the best of your existing material with engaging new writing
- Manuscript editing—Massaging raw content to ensure that it fits your guidelines and end goals
- State customizations—Transforming existing editions into material for new markets
- Copyediting—Dotting every “i” and crossing every “t” to ensure the highest caliber content
- Cold Reads—Providing a fresh set of eyes to review the whole package, adding an extra layer of quality assurance
- Fact-checking—Applying a rigorous set of rules to ensure that all of your materials are factually accurate
- Correlations and alignments—Confirming that your content meets the requirements of your target states
- Section 508 compliance—Enabling all audiences to access your content
- Translation—Delivering content across language barriers
Whether you have a stand-alone project or require a full-service approach leveraging Westchester K-12’s areas of editorial or production services expertise, we have the capabilities you can rely upon.
Contact us today to learn how we can help you with your content development requirements.