English is the lingua franca for our globalized world. Publishers in the U.S. and abroad seek to offer English Language Training (ELT). Bilingual and Translation programs in a variety of markets. Westchester K-12 has the pedagogical, multilingual, and cultural fluency skills to develop ELT programs for both school and adult audiences in a variety of markets.
Walter Henderson, Jr., Westchester K-12’s Senior Supervising Editor for ELT, has decades of experience, both as a teacher of ELT to students from elementary to college level around the world, along with developing the course materials that were used for many of these programs. We support our clients with carefully planned conceptualization of instructional content which artfully integrates the main skill areas of language learning (listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading, and writing).
Our English Language Training, Bilingual and Translation capabilities include:
- Content Support
- Conceptualization of instructional content
- Development of English content for academic purposes (EAP)
- Development of English content for specific purposes (ESP)
- Content exercising the main skills of language learning:
- Adaptation of customized content to cultural, regional and national interests:
- Latin American contexts (including Brazil and Mexico)
- Asian contexts (including China and the Middle East)
- Developmental editing
- Language translation services for:
- Bilingual content development:
- Material development:
- Teacher editions
- Student workbooks
- Assessment devices (including exams, tests, and quizzes)
- Classroom and home readers
- Editorial Support:
- Lexicography (dictionary, glossary, etymology and thesaurus entries)
- Cold reading
Westchester K-12’s team of English language training and education specialists excel in producing first-rate student books, teacher editions, readers and a multitude of ancillaries such as workbooks, assessment devices, and resource packages.