Because civic engagement is more important than ever, Westchester K-12 is committed to creating high-quality social studies content that provides tools for students to decipher the world around them. From analyzing and comparing primary sources to contextualizing current events, our team develops student and teacher social studies materials that help students engage in their world.
Anne Riccio, our Senior Supervising Editor for Literacy and Humanities, leads our social studies team, working with a robust team of experienced social studies writers and editors. Her background as a middle school social studies teacher, as well as her experience working for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, EPS, and Pearson, helps her integrate the demands of the classroom into market-leading products for publishers.
Our capabilities include:
- Content review, update, and development for:
- Primary and elementary grades
- Middle school
- High school
- World History
- US History
- Teacher guides
- State-specific content and programs
- tech-enhanced items (TEI)
- diagnostic, formative and summative assessments
- design via Learnosity or other learning management platforms
- Guideline development and planning
- Scope and sequence development